Friday, October 29, 2010

Our trip to the ER!

This morning I was crimping Katelyn's hair because she was going to be a "Rock star" for Halloween. She had a little bloody nose that she was dealing with and on the last piece of hair she told me she thought she was going to throw up and all of a sudden she passed out and fell hitting her head on my toilet. Needless to say... I freaked! I was trying to pick her up and she was really lethargic and I took her over to my bed and was screaming for Garrett to bring me the phone. I called James crying hysterically telling him something was wrong with Katelyn. He left work immediately and came home. Meanwhile, she said she was going to throw up again so we went back into the bathroom where I noticed there was blood all over the back of her costume and all over my hands. But I couldn't see where she was bleeding at. She just had a little blood round her nose from her bloody nose so I had Garrett call my neighbor where she came over to help me because I didn't know what to do. We looked through Katelyn's hair but still saw nothing. So when James go here we were off to the Emergency Room. There was no one there so they got us right back. When the doctor came in he was looking her over and I told him what happened. I told him she had blood on the back of her costume and I had it all over my hands but I couldn't find anything. He looked at the back of her head to see where she hit the toilet and there it was. A little split on the back of her head. That is where the blood came from. They put some numbing gel on her head and then put a staple in it. Now we have to go back in a week to have it removed. She was a great sport but I feel really bad this happened.


But after we left the Hospital she keep asking when she could go to school. So I went home and got ready and off to school we went. She was able to frost cookies, go to lunch (not to recess, I made her stay inside) and then they had a little carnival. I ended up staying at school for 2 1/2 hours to make sure she was okay because she keep feeling weak at times. But she is doing much better now. Now we will see how the night goes... I'm thinking it will be a long one because when she rolls onto her back I'm sure she will be waking up.

No comments: