Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Projects

Here are a few things I have been working on lately. I have to say I like doing this stuff. I re-finished this nightstand for Katelyn's room. I decided to paint it Turquoise and then I was going to antique it but when I sanded it and saw the white coming through I liked that better. It's hard to see it in the pictures but I think it turned out really cute.



She has been wanting a jewelry box for a while now since she has her ear's pierced and has quite a few earrings. I found this jewelry box at Hobby Lobby on clearance because it had a few nicks and dings in it so I thought it would be perfect I will just re-paint it. So I did and it looks kind of cute. I think it would of been better if I would of spray painted it but I painted it will acrylic paint so you can see some brush stokes. But it still looks okay.




We bought these end tables a while ago at Lowes on clearance. So I finally decided to paint it. (I still have 3 more to do). I used a black satin paint but a semi gloss clear coat. It seems a little to shiny right now but I thought it would be easier to clean up. I could decide if I wanted to antique it and put a glaze over it. So I left it all black. Maybe I will try something different with one of the other ones we have.


No comments: